Thursday, May 10, 2007

10 I AM GOOD AT BASIC 20 GOTO 10

HELLO WORLD
I'm Dave, your, uh. Host here?
I'm a software developer from the wilds (OK, not really the wilds) of New Hampshire.
I'm embarassed by the code I wrote 3 months ago, let alone last year, but what can you do? Live and learn and go out there with a chip on your shoulder because there's always room to grow.
I'd like to think that after close to a decade being gainfully employed hitting keyboards, I've finally wrapped my head around the software development process a little. And in wrapping my head around it, I've seen that there's forces beyond beautiful code that determine whether the software I'm helping to architect and develop works or is a stillborn mess.
I'm trying to come to terms with that and the ugly sensation that keeping up with software development is a red queen's race and that maybe if I had some say in how the software was managed maybe I'd be able to do something about it?
I like music.
I like to read.
I like to ride my bike.
I like to not get hit by trucks when I'm riding my bike.

No comments: